Water Conservation FAQ
2. What are the mandatory water use restrictions?
- Hosing off sidewalks, driveways and other hardscapes;
- Washing automobiles with hoses not equipped with a shut-off nozzle;
- Using non-recirculated water in a fountain or other decorative water feature;
- Watering lawns in a manner that causes runoff, or within 48 hours after measurable precipitation; and
- Irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians
3. Has the City declared a drought?
- Odd numbered addresses can water on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Saturdays.
- Even numbered addresses can water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Sundays.
- Street addresses ending in ½ or any fraction will use the last whole number in the address to determine watering days.
- No irrigation on Fridays.
- Spot watering with a hose to maintain trees or plants (other than turf) is allowed.
- Drip irrigation is exempt.
6. Why were these days chosen?
- Irrigation duration is limited to 8 minutes per station for standard spray head sprinklers and bubblers.
- Irrigation duration is limited to 15 minutes per cycle and up to two (2) cycles for irrigation systems with high efficiency nozzles.
- Here are no time limitations for drip irrigation.
8. Does the City have enough water?
9. Will my water bill go up?